Saturday, December 24, 2016

Wall Plants

Hattie in Hawaii, here, has wonderful blog full of interesting and informative stuff,  and has given me a kick up the proverbial to carry on blogging.   I know I've hardly done anything this year, mainly due to ill health but I do have something a bit out of the ordinary and a little bit naff to write about.

In the Spring this year, el jefe decided to paint some pots and mount them on the wall with geraniums and kalanchoe, and attractive they looked too.....





We had an horrendous summer - endless Levante and temperatures the highest for decades and the plants shrivelled before our eyes.    We had a lance to water most of them, but for others, and for feeding, we had to get the ladder out and neither of us is safe on one these days.   Those that survived were transplanted to big pots on the gravel outside the conservatory.

I hit on the idea of artificial plants and we found some very realistic ones on line.   And here they are...


Daisies and geraniums, no maintenance, everlasting, lovely to look at and no-one the wiser as to their authenticity.   I am pretty pleased with myself!






1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

I do hope your health comes back. Our dear Hattie is not doing so well in afraid.
I lost your blog link but back in the saddle again and as always I appreciate your lovely Ecards.

XO
WWW